Welcome to the fun

Welcome to the fun
Christmas Joy

Sunday 31 July 2011

Day 39 - Supernan

Since 7 this morning Summer has been begging me to take her swimming or to grandads farm. One involves £6.50 a long intimate shave of the legs and an embarassing squeeze into a swimsuit. The other comes in at £38.80 for a return train ticket, a combined 4hrs on a train and then 2 days knee deep in pigshit.
It takes a lot to get me into a swimsuit so I am here in pigshit having just collected 2 ducks from another farm that have just met Summer and shat in fear all over me. Summer understandably loves it here. I love it for 2 reasons, 1 she has acres of land to get lost in and 2, here resides nanny 'the child whisperer'. My dads girlfriend has a hypnotic power over Summer, she is everything I cannot muster the energy to be, strict and engaging. When we arrived nanny was out, so Summer could relax and be her typical self. Shouting at the pigs and trying to castrate the sheep. Then Summer smelled the air as nanny pulled into the driveway and instantly smartened up her act. When nanny is around she is angelic, she is all please and thank you's ,helpfull and a joy. The moment she's gone Summer flips her the finger and goes into hyper destruct mode. She has no boundries around my dad, she punches him, stamps on his feet and does whatever she pleases round the farm. But like jeykal and hyde as soon as nanny appears...butter wouldnt melt.
I often sit in ore and wonder what nannies magical power is. What spell is it that she casts that causes Summer to both fear and respect her.
Her magic lasts for about 3 days afterwards , so when Summer steps out of line, all I have to do is threaten to phone nanny.
I packed an extra weeks worth of clothes for Summer in case my dad enjoyed his time with Summer so much that they decided to keep her on a few more days. No such luck. 2 hrs after we arrived Dad was on the computer seeing what time the return train was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment