Welcome to the fun

Welcome to the fun
Christmas Joy

Saturday 16 July 2011

Day 31 - Nail Varnish

Nail varnish is probably the thing that will kill me. Summers obsession with it will be the thing that drives me into ano early grave. Last week she painted herself head to toe in baby pink. The week before she painted my dresser in hot pink but today she out did herself.

In a bid to get her into her own room, and the impending house sell. My friend and I spent several days, stripping the old paper off, sanding,painting and wallpapering a lovely feature wall that has gorgeous silk flowers on it. I should have guessed something was up but thought Summer and the boy next door were just watching a DVD nice and quietly. I'm so stupid, so niave, I know better but the draw of watching a programe on dwarves was too much.
When the boy was picked up his dad noticed some nail varnish on his hands, oh bugger she has been demasculating him again I thought. What have you two been up to.
"Summer thought the walls needed some colour" I couldnt get him out of the door and into Summers room quick enough.
I burst through the door and a lump grew in my throat. Every shade of nail varnish that I had was used to paint every single silk flower on her feature wall. They had even used the chair to get the bits they couldnt reach. The magnolia wall was no a wash of , blue, pink,brown,peach,black and gold.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I begun to apply nail varnish to the wall, the more I wiped the more it spread. I caught Summer laughing at me.

A bottle of nail varnish later, her wall still has a light wash of colour across it. Summer has been banished to her room minus all pens,colours and anything that can cause distruction (barr chopping of her arms).

I am having a shot Malibu and a fag.

No comments:

Post a Comment